RE: Update on "bluebell" (re-named "smokey joe")

To: "scott beavis" <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>,
Subject: RE: Update on "bluebell" (re-named "smokey joe")
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:50:58 -0500
Scott, have you done a compression test on the engine?  When I bought the
1980 MGB I'm going to drive for the first time tonight (I hope), it also
smoked from the breather (as well as everywhere else) very bad.  I did a
compression test before buying the car and cylinders number 2 and 3 were
low.  I thought it was a head gasket, but it turned out the head gasket was
bad, but the head was also cracked in number 2 cylinder.  I replaced the
head and now it's running fine with no smoke.  Hope yours isn't this
extreme, but I would definitely recommend a compression test on the engine.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Ken