Engine problems

To: "MGB Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine problems
From: "Lieutenant Commander Geoff Winter" <geoffwinter@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:26:19 -0800
Driving home from work 2 nights ago I sat idling in traffic for maybe 5 =
minutes.  Upon driving away the engine began to run roughly, lost power =
and cut-out.  All attempts to start were unsuccessful - electrics were =
working, engine was turning over but no ignition.  After extricating the =
said vehicle from the middle of a busy 5-way intersection (no simple =
matter of course in peak hour traffic) I called the AAA.  Maybe 10-15 =
minutes after the initial incident I successfully started the engine, =
drove home and have had no further problems.  I'm sure the problem was =
heat related, but any ideas anyone?

Geoff Winter
79 MGB

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Winter, Geoff D.vcf]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///