Re: Flat rate time sheet for a MG TD

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Flat rate time sheet for a MG TD
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:03:22 -0500
Blake,
  I have  BAP (British Auto Parts) 1956 that has several pages of tables.
Here are some from one page:
        Engine R&R              12.0
        Comp Ovhl,rng,valv,brg  13.0
        GrdValves,tune,test      9.0
        Pist,rings,hone         11.0
        Rod Brgs, R&R            3.5
        Tune, except tappets     1.5   ?3.5 for TF
        Adj tappets               .5
        Install short block     13,8
        Engine & gearbox R&R    12.0
        Cyl Head R&R             2.0
        Carbs R&R                1.4

Most services were longer for TF and shorter for Magnette. Some, though,
are not as one would expect. Tune (see above) Gearbox recondition TD=6.5,
TF=4.5. Same gearbox, so why would this be?
Bob

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:31:32 -0600 bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net> writes:
> Greetings:
>
> Does anyone out there have a flat rate time sheet or booklet that
> gives the flat rate time for working on the MG TD?
>
> I have one for the MGA twin cam and also a book on imported cars
> which covers the MGB, but was wondering if any time charts exist
> for the TC/TD/TF.  I would think that the TD/TF would be
> identical.  These charts give the normal time expected to take
> for doing tuneups, brake repairs, engine removals, etc.
>
> Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///