mga v8

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mga v8
From: ShearSAVVY1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:40:07 EST
Hi everyone,
While I've decided to stick w/ a four cylinder MG engine, I was treated to a
beautiful series today in the November issue of Thoroughbred and Classic Cars
magazine!  After hitting every bookstore in town looking for Malcolm Green's
MGA Restoration book I stopped by the magazine section at Borders Books where I
spotted "MGA V8" in small font on the cover.  Warren Kennedy of Classic
Restorations, Beds (01234 765588) has done exactly what I had dreamed of doing.
 In short, it looks like a monumental undertaking as so many of you cautioned,
but at the very least it shows what MONEY, talent and vision can accomplish.
I'll save the issue in case I get the bug again when funds aren't a limiting
factor. . .

The specs, to quote from the article:
Engine: 3950cc v8, OHV Rover; 4-choke Weber carb
Power&Torque: 211bhp@4600rpm at the wheels, 365ftlbs@4500
Tranny: 5-spd manual, RWD
Suspension: Frnt-independent,wishbone,adjustable coil-over, anti-roll
bar//Rear-live axle, leaf sprung,adj telescopic, anti-tramp bar
Brakes: Unservoed twin master cylinders, vented discs, 4 pots up front, solid
discs at rear
Weight: 1715lb
Performance: Top 126mph, 0-6omph=5.0 sec

This is worth a look if you've been following the thread!
Regards,
Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list