Dyno

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dyno
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 23:41:45 +1030
Ok guys,

Race season is over so it is time to tune this beast of mine.  Why now?
Because I will have a few dollars extra in my pocket not having to get
her together to get onto the track.  Imagine being able to afford
maintenance, upgrading AND tuning... wow!

Of course I mean a decent tune via dyno.  Which only makes me nervous
because of another guy in the club blowing up his engine on the track,
then blowing up his 'new' one on the dyno before getting to the track.

Any hints, tips or things to try/watch for when doing the dyno thing?  I
am going to put my car in the hands of the 'experts' for this, but just
in case there is anything I can do or watch for myself I thought I would
throw the question out to y'all.

I feel certain that at the moment I am starving the poor thing of both
fuel and air and hence disappointing top, top end performance (5,500+rpm
- or even 5,000+rpm).  I assume that the dyno will reveal this.  It is
hard to tune for this rev range with the car sitting in the garage :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

///