Unusual engine number

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Unusual engine number
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:55:07 EST
Hi listers,
While rummaging through bone yards a while back, I came up with an early OD
tranny.
When I came back to pick it up the following week, the guy didn't separate
the engine from the tranny. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it...an early OD
tranny AND a spare engine.
My question....I'm building up the engine and tranny for a swap into my '66
'B' . They're both GB series engines. My original is 'GB-H-30193' and the
donor is 'GB-RU-H-11786'.
What does the "RU" stand for? I thought it could be "repaired unit", but
that's just a guess.
Thanks in advance,
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L 78708