Re: Rover (Buick) V8 Water Pump

To: RockStar30cars@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rover (Buick) V8 Water Pump
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:45:51 -0500
Rockstar (?)

I too had a "short" but if you measure it you will find it is 4" from
engine mounting face to flange face - but the one Margus made was only 3" -
and that's to the END of the shaft.  The shaft stuck out 1/2"on the "short"
Buick one .  It would be interesting to measure it.  Attached is a photo of
the 4" version - which, as I said, is now 3".

At 07:50 PM 11/22/01 -0500, RockStar30cars@aol.com wrote:
>Hello Barrie, the water pump off a late model V6 is a short type water pump I
>have used one for a 68 Buick 350 which is the long type on my SD1

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net

///