Re: Flywheel Travails...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel Travails...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:21:52 -0800
That's odd. The flywheel bolts shouldn't really be all that tight. They have
those bent-up-tab-thingies (scientific term) to keep them from coming
adrift. Are you sure you bent down the tabs?

Or did the PO omit the tab-thingies and just torque the hell out of them
(leading to your present dilemma)?

By the way, I don't think those are 19mm. There aren't any metric fasteners
on a Mk. I B, AFAIK (and you aren't going to have a metric head on SAE
threads, which the crank most certainly has). I would be sure they are
actually 3/4". The difference between a 19mm and a 3/4" socket is almost
imperceptible. This misapprehension may be contributing to the rounding-off
problem.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149