Re: REAL NICE TR7 (err, Nice try anyway!)

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: REAL NICE TR7 (err, Nice try anyway!)
From: "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:30:52 -0600
On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 04:27:02PM -0500, Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
> rick,
> But..wasn't the TR-7 the car British-Leyland designed to invigorate and
> perk-up the failing export sales market, thereby saving the company from
> certain economic ruin and bankruptcy?   Ohhh, hmmm, I
> see...it..didn't..quite...work...out the way it was supposed to huh?   Oh
> well, back to the old drawing board! Oh, it's to late, Ah, But   I was sure
> that "The Wedge" idea was gonna be the new direction that sports cars were
> headed.....Albert Escalante,1978 (old fashioned) MGB

You know, the 7 was supposed to replace the 'B but the Chairman of
BL decided to give it to Triumph. Strange since the history of MGs
vs Triumphs would have lent itself more to MG, since they inovated
much more that Triumph. Since there isn't much difference other than
body panels and engine between a TR4a (IRS) and the TR6. Compare that
to the changes we see from TF to A to B.

--
"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the
intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon". --Sir John Eric Ericksen,

///