Re: Virus

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virus
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:47:53 -0700
Interesting thing about this virus (besides the return email address) is
that the virus appears to be embedded in an Outlook style email message.  I
keep getting blank email messages with the underscore in the return email
address. I found that my email program, Eudora, strips out stuff it doesn't
understand in the email message and puts it in a Eudora subdirectory -
Eudora\Embedded. So all these viruses get thrown in this directory along
with embedded background gifs. Now that I have updated my Norton antivirus
the whole email gets stopped and it detected these viruses in the subdirectory.

I know some of you use Eudora so you may want to clean out this Embedded
subdirectory.

David

At 09:17 PM 11/29/2001 +1030, Eric wrote:
>Max Heim wrote:
> >
> > One thing I've noticed on all of these dubious messages -- the "from" email
> > address is shown with an extra underscore character in the leading
> position,
> > like this: _BarnOwl@world.std.com
> >
> > So if you try to reply, the message bounces. I suppose this is a mechanism
> > for keeping recipients from informing the infected party.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///