Re: Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????
From: R C Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:13:43 -0800
N wrote:

> Another great MG road is the stretch of a 2-lane road past a "petrified
> forest" between Napa & Healdsburg, CA.  Only a couple of miles, but a
> constant left, right. left, right, etc.  Get into the rhythm & have fun.
>
> Norm Sippel, former auto writer, inveterate traveler
> '66 MGB

The Petrified Forest is the real deal. It's located very near my home in
Sonoma County (famous for wine and miles of twisty, windy,
paved-over-cow-path MG roads). 3 million years ago the local extinct
volcano (Mt. St. Helena) erupted and buried the trees. Now exposed and
petrified it's a low key interesting destination, the largest petrified
forest in the world or so they claim.

Ron
58 MGA
Santa Rosa, Ca.