Re: Virii again

To: "Jeanne Blumberg" <rjb4@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Virii again
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:58:25 -0500
SirCam is always sent through attachments.

The attachments is an example of the double-extension I mentioned.  It
finds a file on your system, like "Y2001 taxes.doc", prepends itself to the
file, adds an executable extension (.lnk, .pif, .bat, etc. as I mentioned),
sends itself out to your list using the root filename as the subject.  It
has its own smtp client so it works regardless of your setup, which makes
it very sneaky.  But it always ARRIVES as an attachment.  You want to be
foolish enough to click on it, that's up to you, but that's how you get
it.  Believe me, I've received dozens, if not hundreds.  The text is
usually "hi, how are you?  I send you this in order to have your advice..."
or something to that effect.  But it does always arrive as an attachment.

At 09:49 PM 12/2/01 -0500, Jeanne Blumberg wrote:
>Except that the SirCam virus came thru e-mail, no attachments necessary.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///