Re: windshield

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: windshield
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:36:49 EST
A question, whenever I wash my car or wipe off any excess water from the cowl
area or lower windscreen area along the rubber seal or gasket I invariably
end up with a black streak or watery black mess, and being that my "B" is
painted Leyland or Colonial white this is very unbecoming and to make maters
worse unless I completely dry and clean up these messy black streaks as the
occur, then I must wash this part of the car all over again. Is there
something I can treat this with? From what I can ascertain this is a rather
commonplace problem but is it necessary to completely replace the rubber seal
or gasket and if I have to resort this rather severe                  measure
what are the costs involved. I hope that there is some sort of dressing that
can seal the rubber thereby stopping the streaking which is even started by
dripping water from the morning fog (since I live less than a mile from the
ocean the car is wet almost every morning, and sometimes in the early
evening, too!)  Any help would be appreciated as I have already ruined a
couple of tee shirts when I went wipe off the windscreen and brushed up
against the gasket (Yuuck!) Albert Escalante 1978 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///