Re: Dipstick Tube Installation

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dipstick Tube Installation
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:10:12 -0800
Hmmm, let's see now. We fill the tube with sand to prevent it bending, but
we don't want the sand to run out the bottom of the tube so we, what, cover
it with duct tape? But, then, the duct tape makes to OD of the tube larger
so it won't go into the hole. Guess that won't work. OK, we plug the bottom
of the tube with a piece of wood. Yeah, that keeps the sand in. Now we can
beat the tube down into the block without it deforming - much. Good, it's in
far enough. What's next? Oh yes, get the sand and the plug out without
allowing either to drop down into the oil in the oil pan.........

Back to you, Blake?

Lawrie
(very much with tongue in cheek.....)