A hassle-free way to replace License plate bulbs.

To: aaronw@wsu.edu
Subject: A hassle-free way to replace License plate bulbs.
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:55:13 EST
In a message dated 12/6/01 9:31:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, aaronw@wsu.edu
writes:

> >>BTW, the new pump works quite well.  Next up: replace the license plate
> illumination that a PO decided my car didn't need. Maybe someday I will
> have reverse lights too.<<

 List member, aeseeyou (me) has a suggestion on how you can "painlessly"
change the pointed bulbs in the lamps on each side of the license plate.
Attach a piece of either cellophane or masking tape to the bulb before
attempting to replace the bulb. This will keep the (Blankity-Blank-Blank!!)
bulb from falling in through the 2-sided receptacles that the lamps must fit
into. Not an easy fit either, as I was just about ready to slam a King Dick
into the infuriating and frustrating little receptacles, surely created to
test a persons calm and resolve. I was at my wits end after having one end
into its socket (or hole as it were!) and then the other pointed end would
slip out.  And I would have to reach my rather large fingers into the tiny
bezel, trying to "fish" the darn light bulb out so I could once more start
back at the very beginning . BUT with the tape attached..1.) You no longer
have to dig into the receptacle to pull the bulb back into place so you could
try to center into place. AND...2.) with the tape attached all you had to do
was pull the tape out and the try to re-center and attach both points into
their connector holes. This is no big engineering break through just a simple
way to keep you from spending a frustrating half hour or more trying to
replace those pointed bulbs into their respective places. Cheers, and-=Safety
Fast=-
Albert Escalante 1978 MGB,(Jaguars)1957 3.4 litre(Mk.I),1977 XJ-6L,1985 XJ-6
under constr.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///