Re: Montebanks & Charlatons

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Montebanks & Charlatons
From: Eddie Sheffield <esheffield@megapipe.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:13:00 -0500
I've ordered a couple of things from them lately, and the items have been OK.
But gets me is the shipping & handling. It's outrageous! Especially if your
just buying a few small, inexpensive items. Seems like the MINIMUM S&H is
something like $12.00, and it's based on the cost of the items, not the size
or weight. So buy 15.00 worth of screws and trims parts (like I did) and pay
almost as much in shipping. Yeesh! Only saving grace was that they did turn
out to be very good quality, I got a whole mess of them, and they were still
cheaper than buying far fewer of the same things from Mo$$. ;-)

BTW, even after my two recent orders, I *still* don't get catalogs from them.
Not that I miss them, really. Just seems odd since they have a reputation for
sending them forever.

Eddie
1971 Midget

On Sunday 09 December 2001 02:33 pm, Dan DiBiase wrote:
> Keep trying, Larry...! Last item I ordered from them was the
> 'reproduction' '65 Mustang wheel covers for my '73 Maverick. That would
> have been back around 1980 or 1981. I miss that car.
>
> Dan
>
> PS I think I just received my final 'This May Be Your Last Catalog!'
> catalog about a year ago!!!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///