Re: Windscreen leaks

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windscreen leaks
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:33:05 -0800
Charlie,

My 72 developed leaks when the air intake in front of the windscreen filled
with leaves and junk.  This prevents rain from passing through to the ground
and leaks through to your leg by way of the air intake tubes.  All you need
to do is to crawl under the car and clear the bulb that is attached to the
tube that drains the air intake vent.  The hole in the vent is on the
passenger side of the vent on LHD cars.  For a quick fix (don't want to get
under the car) you can siphon the collected water out of the air intake vent
with a 3/8" or so plastic hose.

I picked up a magnetic vent seal (for lack of a better term) to place over
the air vent when the car sits in the rain.  It prevents rain and leaves and
such from collecting in the vent area.  It's done a great job.

Dave 72 B