Re: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:16:36 -0800
Umm, how would you adapt that FWD transaxle to a RWD car? It seems to me
that this is the major stumbling block to most potential late-model-engine
conversions -- most modern small displacement motors are used in FWD
applications exclusively. And there doesn't seem to be any point to using an
engine from a rear-wheel-drive roadster such as a Miata -- your finished
product would be inferior to the Miata you started with.

Is there any front-engine/RWD vehicle that uses the Tiptronic? I can't think
of one, but I'm not really a follower of VW or Audi.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///