RE: Thread Size

To: "'paul.hunt1@virgin.net'" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>,
Subject: RE: Thread Size
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:19:23 -0800
I'm basing my comment on recollection and in no way intend to cast
aspersions.

My understanding was that the nutserts installed were metric, probably
because that is now industry standard in the UK.

I know for certain, some Asian reproduction fenders had metric hardware.  I
am pretty sure that we also ran into the same problem with Heritage fenders
but it is very difficult to pin down suppliers.

At the time, my main concern was that salespeople were recommending fender
mounting hardware kits that would not work with some of the fenders on the
market.  Since the threads were typically coated in paint there were cases
where threads were damaged before the installer realized what the problem
was.

Kelvin Dodd.

> Subject: Re: Thread Size
>

> I would raise an eyebrow at that.