Re: heater valve question

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater valve question
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:03:40 -0000
See http://hometown.aol.com//bobmunch/HTRVlsHT.htm for a description of the
valve and improvements that can be made.

As I recall mine pushes to open the valve and pulls to close it and is set
to close the valve when the knob is in the 'off' position, which seems
pretty sensible to me.  This results in the valve being about 3/4 open when
the knob is in the 'hot' position.  You may find that the sheath has pulled
out of the clamp at the knob end giving you a reduced movement at the valve
end.