Re: asbestos in cars, NOT. x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: asbestos in cars, NOT. x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:14:02 EST
Dave,
In a message dated 12/16/01 1:33:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mgs4dave@warwick.net writes:
> Any car containing any asbestos, such as brake pads, clutch plates, and
> even head gaskets could be banned from the roads according to
> legislation that is becoming law in France as of Jan. 1, 2002! Non-toxic
> parts must be fitted and a check to make sure will confirm it.
> The Brits currently ban asbestos but vehicles currently fitted are not
> affected.
> Anybody hear about this before?
> cheers,
> Dave Houser
>
> This and the proposed Federal pre-1966 Vehicle Scappage Law seem like they
all are emanating from the same location. Somebody wants us to buy more new
vehicles. Hmmmm, now just who has a lot of unsold "new" vehicles they need to
unload. Nothing I'd want to buy. Not just now anyway. I'm trying to keep my
vintage beauties running!
Albert Escalante 1978 MGB; 1957 3.4 litre (Mk.I) 1977 XJ-6L; 1985 XJ-6 (not
running)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///