Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:12:50 -0500
A lot of current radios have a special removal tool - the "regular
footprint" DIN radios have what looks like two U-shaped handles, slightly
indented on the ends, and one hole in each corner (four holes total).  You
insert one of the U's on the left, the other on the right, give a little
pressure and out comes the radio.

Look in your instruction manual for the radio in the glovebox - you might
just have such a removal tool.

At 05:06 PM 12/20/01 -0600, Ronald Olds wrote:
>I need to remove a factory radio from from a 98 Ford Windstar. The radio
>has four small holes in each corner of the face. I pushed allen wrenched in
>all four holes and the radio seemed to get loose but I couldn't get it out.
>Am I doing it the right way and not pulling hard enough or do i need to do
>something else? There isn't much to pull on and I am trying not to break
>anything. I appreciate any help I can get.
>
>Thanks and happy holidays to everyone!
>Ron Olds

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list