Re: Just bought a new car, so I'm back!

To: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Just bought a new car, so I'm back!
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:47:54 -0600
Hi Mark

At 11:54 AM 12/24/2001, Mark and kathy LaPierre wrote:
>Hi Patton,
>          Welcome back.  It has been recommended on the list to switch over
>to a group 26 or 24--    12volt(much cheaper too) and use only one of your
>battery boxes and the other one for a plastic storage liner( spare oil
>bottles) Watch the polarity, you may be positive ground.

 From the way the car was set up, it appears to have already been converted
to Negative ground.  The 6 volts took a charge, but I will replace with a
group 26 before I try to put it on the road.  I like the idea of using one
of the battery trays for storage also.

>          Also it is doubtful that your gas tank is going to be any good.
>The first time you try to get gas up to your carbs all the residue
>accumulated in the tank will be sucked into the fuel and eventually clog it.

I'm going to drain and flush it to see how bad it is,  Nobody likes to be
stranded, especially my wife!

Thanks,
Patton

///