Questions from a Newbie

Subject: Questions from a Newbie
From: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:30:37 -0600
Dear MG list,

I have entered the world of MG cars, having decided to try my hand at
restoring a 1970 Midget.  I think I mailed a message to this list a few
weeks back asking how I would determine the I.D. number of the engine if
the plate was missing.  Given the fact that finding that number is
possible  (for a price), I am curious if anyone knows how to determine
whether the 1275 engine in this year had the high or low compression
head without knowing the engine serial number?  Is there a way to tell
without removing it and measuring the combustion chamber clearance?  I
have lots of time to think about this stuff while the thermometer is in
the sub zero range.

Tim Creger
Lincoln, NE

///