Re: Radiator / Thermostat Question on MGA DeLuxe

To: "Peter Guagenti" <peter@guagenti.com>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Radiator / Thermostat Question on MGA DeLuxe
From: "Scott willis" <swillis@premiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:16:23 -0600
I had my radiator boiled at the shop. It was worth getting all rust and
residue out They also repaired a small crack in the surround.

This is very dangerous but it worked for me. Push the car away from the
house and have a fire extinguisher at hand. My housing was stuck to the
bolts. I heated them with a blow torch and tapped the thermostat housing
with my rubber dead blow hammer to break free. Be very careful. The housing
can break. It worked well and it saved from damaging the surface of the head
by not prying the thing loose with a screw driver.

Good luck,
Scott
59 MGA
73 T140 Bonnie