Re: Stromberg 175CD For Sale! - Follow up

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stromberg 175CD For Sale! - Follow up
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:48:15 -0700
At 12:26 PM 1/4/2002 -0800, Max Heim wrote:
>Yeah, basically, it's worth what someone will pay for it. And consider, the
>demand for the Z-S set-up is essentially negative, in that lots of people
>convert to Webers or SUs, but nobody converts the other way (except where
>forced to by emissions laws).

Like Max said.

Its value is fairly low and would only appeal to someone who wants to
replace their bad unit/parts and doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade
to SUs or a Weber or can't becuase of emmission regulations. Which in short
means that $500 is way too high. I converted a TR7 from dual 175CDs to a
HS6 setup for about half of that, and that included all the parts
(manifold, carbs, air filter box). And I still have the old setup which
I'll gladly sell for $100.

David
67 BGT
72 B under construction