Correct Oil Filter for Stock Hanging Setup

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Correct Oil Filter for Stock Hanging Setup
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 17:42:29 -0600
Hey everyone,

I have the stock hanging oil filter on my 18v motor in my car.  I was going
to buy what I thought was the correct oil filter on New Years Day from
NAPA, but they were closed.  I instead bought the Purolator L10028 at Pep
Boys.  They actually had both types of filters listed in their catalog and
we found the one for my car.  I was shocked as I thought those guys could
do anything w/o the computer, its good to find a good counter guy once and
a while.

I just got back from NAPA to get another filter for the second oil change,
and the filter I thought I needed to get (NAPA 1068) was not right.  That
is from the inverted filter as best as I can tell.   After researching from
here, I never found anyone else on-line that specifies the hanging filter,
just the inverted one.  Below are the cross references I did find.  I tried
to compile a list of both type filters, please look over this and let me
know if I'm wrong....  Thanks, Patton

Hanging Spin-Filters (O.E.M. offset type)
WIX 51374
Purolator L10028
Fram PH966B
Beck-Arnley 041-9888
Pipercross OF106-RBT
Baldwin B288
Hastings LF155
Casite CF966
Bosch OF106

Inverted Spin-On Filters
PureONE PL10017
Purolator L10017
AC PF13+
Fram PH16
Motorcraft FL-300
NAPA 1362+
WIX 51362

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///