Re: New Year at Plymouth Rock

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Year at Plymouth Rock
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:30:47 +1030
Bullwinkle wrote:

> Eric and all the wonderful other LBC owners in OZ.
>
> I just read your email posted Jan. 1 in which you complain about the
> cold weather.  According to the little foreign news I hear, Australia
> should be pretty hot with all of the fires going on.  I hope all is well
> with you, and that few of your countrymen (and women) are affected by
> the fires.

Yeah, they are doing it a bit tough in my old second-home up there in
New South Wales.

We just had a bit of a breakthrough today and it was actually really
quite hot with the top down (we finally properly broke 80F).

Just to give you an idea of the diversity of weather here.  In Adelaide,
South Australia, it has been a cool-to-cold and frequently wet Summer so
far.  They just had SNOW on the 'mountains' in Victoria.  Further north
in New South Wales they have been having hot and windy conditions
fanning those fires that have taken quite a few homes and are still
threatening more (since Xmas eve).  Keep going North (it is meant to get
hotter as you go North down here:-) they have had variable conditions
but even further north and they are sitting out a cyclone.

In the West... ahhhh, a beautiful mild Summer.  Steadily in the high
80's and 90's Farenheit - just the way it should be (but this has mean
they have had a few fires there, too.

Global warming?  We are freezing our donkeys off (well, just not
today:-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII