Re: MG TF: The Replacement MGF

To: kmr@pil.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG TF: The Replacement MGF
From: Eddie Sheffield <esheffield@megapipe.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:41:53 -0500
Not bad! Kinda cool that they are reviving the "TF" name, thought perhaps a
little surprising. Nice looking car. Even though it borrows from the X80, it
doesn't seem to look all that much like it. At least when I first saw pics of
the X80 I though "Dodge Stratus".  I think it was the grill that caused my
reaction. But somehow on the TF they managed to keep basically the same shape
of grill, and yet it doesn't remind me of a Dodge now. Weird. Of course, the
grills on the current line up of saloons remind me of BMW too. ;-)

Now if they would PLEASE bring it to the US for a COMPETITIVE price! Not
necessarily dirt cheap (though that would be great) but not priced way beyond
other similar cars - Miata of course springs to mind.

Thanks for the link!

Eddie

On Monday 07 January 2002 11:51 pm, kmr@pil.net wrote:
> So here it is, the facelifted MGF:
>
> http://www.pistonheads.com/fastcars/default.asp?storyId=3529
>
> Seems to have borrowed some design elements (esp the front end) from the MG
> X80 concept car.  I do like it more than the MGF though, cleaner lines...
> simpler and yet more elegant.
>
> Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list