Re: Smith Speedometer- Testing

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smith Speedometer- Testing
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:34:31 -0800
I tested my speedo on the bench using a hand drill with a Roberson bit
stuck in the drive coupling on the back of the speedo.  You can sort
of guess if its calibrated right.  a 1280 tpm speedo should read
60 mph at 3270 rpm.

It only moves CCW??? in other words its resting against the wire stop
and you have to rotate it down past the BOTTOM of the speedo and then
back through the highest number through the lower numbers?

If so thats totally wrong and the needle has been wound up in the wrong
direction.  It should be resting at zero and rotate CW as the car
speeds up (the same as your tach).

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///