Re: tech questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tech questions
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:09:33 -0600
Paul Root wrote:

> The damaged one looks like the one I just put in my car
> this summer (my new throw out bearing looked a bit better
> than that shrapnel).
>
> Maybe the one from the spare is a heavy duty?

I'm still curious about this.

> A new clutch plate, pressure plate and throw out is like
> $130 from Moss. It's such a pain doing that job,

This is so.

> So, your car is a B chassis right? How did you get the tranny
> out?
> Could you slide it back far enough to drop the nose? The big
> trouble
> is getting the splines lined backup so it will mate back up.

My car is a Victor Special (special frame and TF body and the
crossmember unbolts from the frame). I will be pulling the engine
through the bonnet opening and re-installing the engine and
transmission as a unit.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com