Re: minis and clutches and magnettes, was Re: elp elp

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: minis and clutches and magnettes, was Re: elp elp
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:44:57 -0600
Kevin Sullivan wrote:

> Gee, when I saw "elp elp", I thought "elp 2 -- Tarkus?".  That's pretty
> weird. Anyway, speaking of minis and clutches and magnettes, as we have
> been the last few days, the latest (I think) issue of "Skinned Knuckles"
> has an article about mini clutches and another written by and about the
> guy who bought my '57 Magnette and its ongoing restoration.  Very cool
> magazine.

My friend, Rick, a former dealership mechanic, mentioned yesterday
that his MG 1100 also had a "Magnette" badge on the boot; he also
said he had seen five or six of these during his tenure at the
dealership. Strange! From his description of his car, I think
there's a strong chance this was the same car I almost bought at
Apex Auto Salvage in the 70's. No idea why they would have been
badged thus. Pretty sure the dealership was in Springfield, MO area.

He mentioned that he has two MG 1100 taillamp assemblies in his
garage that he would be willing to sell. He says the chrome is a bit
pitted, but otherwise they are complete and intact. I sold the MG
1100 grill for him some years back. If nobody from this list
expresses an interest, I'll likely put the lamp assemblies on eBay.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm