Was Koni shocks; now camber

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Koni shocks; now camber
From: "Scott Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:13:53 -0500
> Interestingly, that is precisely how we adjusted camber on my old H
> production Bug Eye Sprite when I raced it from 1967 - 1972. We had plates
> of varying thickness we installed under the front shocks which changed
> camber for low and high speed tracks....

Bob/Skye,

When I removed the front lever shock, I found two thick v-shaped plates
under
the shock base at the rear mounting bolts.  No idea if they were used to
change
camber, but they were an interesting find.  I checked the other side and
found
a pair there too.  FWIW, the plate is about 3/16" thick, the washers about
1/8".

--Scott

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list