Roll cages

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roll cages
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:18:14 -0600
Hi Gang,
   Forgive my slightly off topic post but some might find
the replies useful.  We are building a rally car upon the
BMW 1602 platform and need a roll cage.  There are
options from US$400 to the sky!  Our goal is to save
money but to also be safe.  We are not particularly
interested in stiffening the car, although that is always a
bonus.  This car will not be wildly competitive due to
its <90bhp powerplant, although it should perform well
and reliably.  Rather, this car is a place to learn -- safely.
   The question to those of you who race their MGs is;
What kinds of cages do you use and who supplied them?
If you feel comfortable quoting cost (estimates) and suppliers,
that info would also be most useful.  Thanks!
   Please reply either on or off-line as you feel the
topic warrants.

Best regards,

Rick
Emerald Research / Tulsa OK USA