note to auto newbies of all ages

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: note to auto newbies of all ages
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:25:24 -0500 (EST)
The subject line tells all.

Being relatively new to car repair at a relatively advanced age (don't
ask), I am often mystified by many of the terms in Haynes and Bentley and
even Porter's repair books which I use for my '76B.

   Let me recommend a book which may, for all I know, be a classic of its
kind among those who know this stuff. I recently picked up from a local
Borders Books, a book by Stockel, Stockel and Johanson, "Auto
Fundamentals."  It is providing me with a detailed solution to my
ignorance. The presentation is particularly
non-overwhelming, taking each aspect of
each system of a car step-by-step with profuse illustrations.

If you have the same problem I have (ignorance), check this one
out. It helps.

Bill Saidel
'76B

///