Re: Which year for $4-5000

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Which year for $4-5000
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:46:59 -0700
Steve, $4-5000 will buy you a nice B where I live, and this is a good
time of year to buy as there are less shoppers now in North America now
due to weather.

As far as what year, that is very subjective. I like chrome bumpers
best.  Those are pre-75.  (74.5 I guess).  But if you want to put a V8
in it, then '77->'80 is easier for that.  More importantly is probably
what your skills are.  If you work in a body shop then rust might worry
you less than me.  I am pretty good with mechanicals, but haven't tried
my hand at body work yet.

I forwarded your question to the mgs mailing list as well.  It is a
great source of information and they will be able to answer your
question better than I.  I have only had one B, some of them have had
multiple and owned their cars since they were new off the lot.  You can
subscribe to the list at:
http://www.team.net.  Just dig around for the mgs list.

Andrew

--Original Message Text---
From: Steve Nalevanko
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:40:27 -0500

I'm looking to buy an MG in the summer and looking to pay around
4-5,000 dollars.  What years are good for that kind of money, and which
ones would you suggest buying for that price range?

--- Steve Nalevanko
--- steveandmiss@earthlink.net

--
Andrew Lundgren