Re: too much fuel

To: "William Killeffer" <wtkilleffer@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: too much fuel
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:07:50 -0000
More like 'check float valves'.  Probably dirt stopping one or both from
seating.  As a first go disconnect the fuel pump and run the engine till the
float bowls empty, then reconnect the pump.  The resultant rush of fuel
through the wide-opn valves 'should' clean them.  If not you need to replace
the valves, but the real problem could be dirt in the fuel supply.  With a
nearly new pump it's just possible that some debris in the new pump took 100
miles to get dislodged and you may be OK, having cleaned the valves, from
now on.