Re: tuning S-U carbs

To: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@ameritege.com>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: tuning S-U carbs
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:36:30 -0000
Mixture screws instead of nuts - screw in to make richer.

Also you cannot see when the enrichment device starts to move.  There should
be an arrow on the choke cam, you are supposed to line this up under the
fast idle screw with the choke 1/4" out.  But on my V8 that results in far
too high an 'idle' - some 2000 to 2500 when cold - I adjust mine to give a
lower idle.

I've never used a Colortune on a twin carb, don't really see how you can
with the balance tube as some of the mixture from the front carb will go to
the rear cylinders and vice versa if it can.