Re: 77 seats in a 73 midget...?

To: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Subject: Re: 77 seats in a 73 midget...?
From: Eddie Sheffield <esheffield@megapipe.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:01:36 -0500
I put '75 seats in a '71. The mounting rails are different, at least between
those years. The mounting holes are the same though. I don't know about
between '77 and '73, but just something to keep in mind. I do think you could
probably swap the whole track assembly if you wanted. I still had the '71
seats when I got the car, but they were pretty ratty and I had access to some
very nice '75 ones. Are you in the same position or do you not have the '73
seats at all?

Bottom line - mounting no problem, just make sure you have the right rails
for the seats you're mounting.

Eddie
'71 Midget - "Bebop"

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 04:57 pm, Tyson Sherman wrote:
> They should.  The seats are pretty much the same throughout the 70s.  The
> headrests changed sometime in 77 though, from the "D" type to the teardrop
> type.
>
> Tyson Sherman
> mts3@ra.msstate.edu
> http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman
>
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 Robert.Haigney@anixter.com wrote:
> > Will the seats out of a 1977 Midget fit in a 1973 Midget....????
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Robert
> > 73 Midget.

///