Re: Distributor choices - marking locations

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor choices - marking locations
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:43:08 -0000
I've just realised that I have been talking about the 40897 whereas Kelvin
and Ken talk about 40987, which was never specified for the MGB at all,
AFAIK.

That substance in the vacuum advance could be the result of petrol working
its way through the pipe and attacking the rubber diaphragm - I get exactly
the same effect on my V8.

Whatever dizzie/vacuum advance combination you end up with it will almost
certainly be beneficial to mpg and running temps to connect the vacuum
advance.