Chrome Valve Cover - How perfect are they?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome Valve Cover - How perfect are they?
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:49:36 -0600
As part of the engine rebuild I ordered an aluminum valve cover from VB. It
was far from perfect so I tried again. Now after my third one, I still have
one with casting imperfections, and machine marks on it. It is the best one
I have gotten so far. Compared with the others, I would say they are minor.
The last one had a big gouge out of the MG logo on top. On this one there
are just scratches which might be polished out.

I have an aluminum valve cover on my "C", and it does not have these
problems.

Should I give up, or do other vendors sell aluminum valve covers that are
perfect? I suppose that once it gets covered with grime, no one will notice
the difference.

Thanks for your advice,

Jack

///