Re: Leaf spring replacement

To: "Mike Melugin" <michael@dallaspen.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaf spring replacement
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:32:33 -0000
Front eye first.  Jack the spring up to the axle to assemble the U-bolts
etc., then adjust jack to get the rear shackle and closing plate inserted to
spring and chassis.  I'm sure I've done mine with the axle hanging on the
(sound!) axle straps, but the Leyland Manual says to fit the rear shackle
before assempling the U-bolts and to fit the rebound strap last of all.