Re: Tuning a weber with exhaust gas analyzer

To: "E.Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tuning a weber with exhaust gas analyzer
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:00:45 -0600
> Hi list,  while having my Jags wheels balanced I saw at the other side of
> the shop a guy tuning a car checking his exhaust gases. Can this be done
> with my MG's weber carb?  He was using a pretty sophisticated gas
analyzer.
> Enrique

   One should be able to do that just fine with a tail-pipe exhaust gas
analyzer.
I don't live in a state with emissions testing so idle mixture is not an
issue for me.
I just adjust the mixture for the highest intake plenum vacuum at a fixed
<idle>
engine speed.  Everything else is set by jets -- which I have not tweaked.
   If the analyzer is portable, you could do some tests on the road and
change
your Weber's jets to optimize performance.  That takes time and is
therefore,
money.

rick

///