Re: Fuel leak near SU x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel leak near SU x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:51:47 -0500
John,
First thing to check is if the fuel is coming out the overflow, once you get
the air cleaner(s) off. If so, the fuel needle is stuck open due to dirt or
its seat is worn out. Assuming its dirt, one method of cleaning is to remove
and plug fuel line or remove power from the pump, run the engine 'til out of
fuel, and then reconnect the fuel line or reenergize the pump. The rush of
fuel to refill the bowls usually will clear the dirt.

Mike
'79B (SU equipped)