Re: reference material (Moss suppliers)Long

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: reference material (Moss suppliers)Long
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:30:21 EST
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

> Customers paying full retail price
> subsidize the production of catalogs, customer service, tech service,
> British Motoring and other labor and capital intensive services.  If all of
> our sales were made at wholesale margin it would be impossible to offer such
> services.  In that case the resellers would normally carry much more of the
> weight of customer service.

Never really thought of it that way.  I guess that's why Abingdon Spares
charges $7 for their catalog.

I still go directly to Moss from time-to-time, given that the Dover NJ
facility is only about 45 minutes away over some beautiful twisty back roads.
 "Honey, gotta run to Moss for a new map light bulb!"  ...vroom...  "Be back
in a few minutes dear, I need a new oil filter!" ...vroom...

Just don't tell her they're closed on Sunday ;-)

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///