Re: MGB brake pads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB brake pads
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:15:05 -0800
Oversize R-4S Carbon Kevlar pads ( Porterfield, I think) and
Carbon Kevlar rear shoes are available from Doug Jackson
(British Automotive).
http://www.mgbmga.com/tech/mgb18.htm
Doug claims just ordinary replacement brake shoes are
sufficient for the rear of a street car (along with the Kevlar
pads up front).
=================================
The Brits on the MG Enthusiasts BBS swear by EBC Brakes'
Greenstuff pads, which are also Kevlar. They appear to be
making their way to North America:
http://www.ebc-brakes.com/automoti.htm
=================================
TS Imported Automotive
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/ also has Carbon
Kevlar pads and shoes for the MGB.

Regards,
Jerry Causey

> What would the suggestions be for brake pads and shoes that are
> better than or higher performance than stock but not a racing
> application? Brand names and where to get them?
>
> Allen

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///