floor panels - differences?

To: mgsdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: floor panels - differences?
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:03:50 -0500
Listers,

      I am looking for replacement floor panels. I see the '68+ floor
panels cheap, and panels for my '67 not cheap, it seems everywhere. The
difference is the 3 synchro vs 4 synchro gearbox and they changed the
housing and therefore the floor. I heard from someone that you can swap
them anyway. Can anyone else shed a little light on this subject. Also
someone at TRF said that since Heritage doesnt make shells for the earlier
models, they don't make floorpans so I would get some other aftermarket
brand. I didn't know this. When did they stop?

Thanks,

Jim L
'67 BGT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com