Re: Uhaul Trailers..last try!

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Uhaul Trailers..last try!
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:14:30 -0500
Okay, this is absolutely my last try.  The following paragraphs were added
for successive tries.  I'm hoping that Mark's (the guy who maintains the
list and is an all-around swell guy, even if he is a Triumph person)
anti-spam software has a time limit of less than 24 hours because it was
last night that I last tried to send this.  Changing the subject slightly
is an attempt to defeat any sneaky anti-spam code.

I'll try sending this again.  I think I've figured out the blank email
phenomenon.  If I first try to send a posting without deleting the trailer,
when I send the same message without the trailer, only the trailer shows
up.  Can you tell that I test software for a living?  Here's the message
that wasn't worth all of this effort:

In the towing threads I've seen, no one has mentioned that U-Haul requires
your tow vehicle to be heavy enough and powerful enough and have a class
III welded hitch before they will rent you the trailer.  The tow dolly only
requires a class II welded hitch.  Their website http://www.uhaul.com/ asks
you the year, make, and model of both the tow vehicle and vehicle being
towed and then it tells you if it will work.  When I entered 1967 MG for
the vehicle being towed, the options they listed were B, BGT, Midget, and
Sports Sedan!  They even recommended removing the driveshaft of a '67 B
before towing (!).  I didn't check to see if they would also recommend
removing the driveshaft of a '67 Sports Sedan (MG 1300) ;-).

Denise

Gene Balinski said:

>    I guess I was not clear in the original message. Stress
> and anxiety will sometimes do that.  The trailer that I
> was inquiring about is the auto transporter type.  This is a full
> platform with dual wheels and allows all four wheels
> of the vehicle in question to be off the ground.  They look
> pretty nice in the photos (Uhaul web site) and when I have
> seen them on the road.
>
>    I was just inquiring if anyone had rented them from Uhaul,
> the condition of the equipment, and how well they towed.
> I need to do about 375 miles of mostly highway with some
> secondary roads...

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyzabcde@earthli

///