RE: Now Servos

To: "'Andrew B. Lundgren'" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: RE: Now Servos
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:00:21 -0800
Andrew:

        I'm going the other direction.  I've installed a 68-74 brake master
in my 1979 MGB shell just cos I wanted to see what it would take.  No other
real reason except for the air filter clearance problem, the servo system is
a well designed lump.

        A boosted system does improve pedal sensitivity.  You don't have to
boot it through the floor to get maximum braking.  Installing a servo is a
common racing and rally modification to prevent lockup caused by shoving an
unyielding pedal too hard.

        Power assist was offered as an option on the single line systems up
till 74 in the UK.

Kelvin.

> On a side note, I have read that some people have replaced
> their early brake systems with the huge booster system that
> was used in the late models.
>
> Is there any benefit to doing that?  My brakes will lock up
> now if I mash them, what does the booster do to improve it?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///