Cosworth

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cosworth
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:38:14 -0500
At 10:34 AM 3/4/02 -0700, Kevin Sullivan wrote:
>What would it take to get one of those Cosworth setups as seen in that B?
>It would look appropriate in a Z Magnette.

A big fat wallet would help !!!!!
These engine are very RARE in the USA - never offically inported
in any of the Fords. They are also becomeing rare in the UK and
would cost an arm and a leg if you found one.

The other point to consider is the servicing of the engine. The
EFI is controlled by a sophisticated ECU using some high tech
features (like anti-lag). I know someone who used to ship
his engine back to Cosworth Eng. in the UK just to have
the engine serviced !!!!! This was for a race car, so he needed
to squeeze the last couple of horses out of the engine

gerry

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///